Monday, January 1, 2007

I Hereby Resolve ...

"Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
and days of auld lang syne?

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet
For auld lang syne."

For those of you who may not know, the song was written by Robert Burns in 1741, and was first published in 1796 after his death. "Auld Lang Syne" literally means "old long ago," or simply, "the good old days." BUT ... are they really the "good old days"? Is there something in your life or about yourself that you'd like to change? I know that for me, the answer is a resounding "yes!"

In no particular order, I, RWS, do hereby resolve to:

1. Have more patience with intellectually challenged coworkers. I simply cannot stand working around idiotic people.

2. Strike a happier balance between my work, school, and personal lives. My personal life is sorely lacking due to, you guessed it, work and school. No doubt about it, this HAS to change!

3. Lose weight. Yeah, yeah. Just like every year heretofore!

4. Increase my activity levels. What downtime I do have between work and school is most often spent sleeping. It's just a hunch that if I increase my activity levels, my social life will improve. So, call me "crazy"!

5. To not be so damn judgmental all the time.

6. To see things more positively. Mmm hmmm. Yeah.

7. To not want to strangle the shit out of coworkers (and Boss) so much.

8. To TRY to blog at least twice weekly (see resolutions #2 and #4).

There's a few more, but I don't want to set myself up for failure this early on! What are some of YOUR resolutions?

Happy, Happy New Year!!

~RWS

No comments: