Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Fresh Start


Here we are on the brink of another year. I wonder how many of you are like me and choose to stay home to ring in the New Year? I think that I have gone out MAYBE twice during my adult years. I don't imbibe, so I fully trust myself. It's the other guy I don't trust. I know ... I'm boring. But I'll tell you what ... I'm alive and in one piece to see in the New Year. I also don't have a hangover from Hell. I usually spend the day cleaning my house like a maniac because I like to open the New Year with a really clean home. I didn't do that this time, because I hired domestic help and it's already done. But wait!! I DID have my vehicle washed today. I had started feeling like a slacker for having such a dirty ... no ... FILTHY ride. Hmm ... what to do now? I know ... I'll work on my scrapbook! It's the PERFECT hobby for someone with OCD! I'm about 2/3 finished with my Europe trip book. OK, so the trip was in March '06. So, sue me! I was busy this year.

What happened to 2006?
Let's see ... I FINALLY graduated with the BSN portion of my RN to MSN program after 15 years as an ADN. Not only that, I did it summa cum laude with a 4.0 GPA. (*Pats self on the back for that accomplishment*) Oh, yeah ... I also worked full time during school. Talk about exhausting! I think that the school/work combo caught me up in a time warp of sorts. As if the BSN wasn't enough, I went directly to graduate school, and yes, I still work full time. The year has flown by and is a mere blur. Someone PLEASE slap me and help me come to my senses!
I wonder what's in store for this coming new year?

It looks like it will likely be more of the same, but a little different. I have decided that since I'm no spring chicken anymore, I can move school to a part time endeavor. Work has to remain full time because someone has to pay the bills! Any volunteers? Fortunately, Work has a very generous tuition reimbursement program. Between scholarships and reimbursement, I actually ended up getting paid to obtain my BSN! Can't beat that!

Besides school and work, it also looks like the usual assortment of resolutions, which I will report on tomorrow. I'm sure many of you have alot of the same resolutions!

At any rate ...
Here's wishing you all happiness, health, and prosperity for 2007.
~RWS

No comments: