Thursday, December 21, 2006

Now I've gone and done it!

Well, here begins my attempt to get a blog off of the ground. I mean, really .... as if I have the spare time to work full time, go to school full time AND blog on a regular basis! All I can say at this point is that I'll do my best to live up to my expectations for myself, and that I ask those of you who are seasoned bloggers and blog frequenters to be patient with me as I learn this whole process.

I am inspired by all of the medical bloggers out there ... Fat Doctor, Mother Jones (aka "Nurse Ratched"), Scalpel or Sword, Rosebuttons (aka "Knitting in the Dark") to name but a few of the thousands out there. I understand that this can be a very cathartic experience, and who doesn't need some good catharsis on occasion?

Well ... I have to go start getting ready to run with scissors in the Neuro ICU (aka "Work") ... I'm doing the night shift tonight. I'll be sure to sharpen my scissors before I start running with them tonight - one never knows when a good point will come in handy!

~RWS

No comments: